We are a Swiss company that delivers state-of-the-art solutions for collecting, understanding, enriching and using information, in domains as diverse as financial services, customer care, the life sciences, e-commerce, and education.
Our powerful software stack seamlessly combines natural language processing, intelligent information retrieval, and semantic reasoning, to extract organizational knowledge from any public or customer-specific sources, and make it available in usable, applicable forms.
Since our founding in 2013 we have been active in the entire DACH region (Germany, Austria, Switzerland), and are honoured to have large international enterprises among our customers.
We are currently looking for a:
Java Software Engineer (Remote)
- Solid computer science education (preferably university degree)
- Strong knowledge of Java 11+, Java frameworks, libraries and tools (the greater overlap with what we use often –see our technology stack further below–, the better 😊)
- Experience in working with databases (SQL DBs a must; NoSQL an advantage)
- Experience with common programming tools, processes and practices (documentation, unit testing, git-based development workflows, …)
- Experience working in industry, and in a team environment
- Fluency in English (spoken and written)
- Knowledge of German or Greek is an advantage
Nice to have
Are you by any chance also strong in one or more of the following – in addition to the qualifications above?
- Frontend development (Vue.js, React or Angular)
- Full-text search technologies (Solr, Elasticsearch, …)
- Natural Language Processing, Machine Learning
- Generative AI, Large Language Models
If so … we’d love to hear more about that too!
- Flat hierarchies
- Flexible working hours
- Remote working (co-working space option)
- Long-term engagement either as freelancer or employee
- Attractive performance- and experience-based pay
Our technology stack:
- Programming languages:
- Backend technologies:
Spring (Boot, Data, MVC, Security, …), Hibernate, Liquibase, HikariCP, JHipster, Maven, Junit, Mockito, TestContainers
- Frontend technologies:
js, NPM, Yarn, Jest
- Databases and Messaging:
MySQL, PosgreSQL, H2, Neo4j, MongoDB, Redis, Sesame, Kafka
- Machine learning / Natural language processing:
UIMA, OpenNLP, spaCy, Transformers (Hugging Face)
- Other technologies and tools central to our work:
Solr, Lucene, Nutch, Norconex, ManifoldCF, Tika, Any23
- Infrastructure & Tooling:
Linux, Nginx, Docker, Jenkins, Nexus, Git, Bitbucket, Jira, Confluence